Rational Integration Tester (IBM Green Hat)
Formerly called IBM Green Hat, Rational Integration Tester prevents integration problems by enabling iterative and agile development.
Work in Rational Integration Tester is carried out in a number of different perspectives:
- Architecture School: shows the system to be tested in diagammatic form. The user adds the main components of the sytem to the diagram and completes the links between them. This creates a high level model of the system under test within IBM Rational Integration Tester.
- Requirements Library: a repository of requirements expressed as messages (requests) to be handled by IBM service virtualization.
- Recording Studio: the Recording Studio is used to monitor and record events in the system under test. Recording Studio would typically be used to record events which would be replayed during a test with certain programmed alterations to simulate desired scenarios.
- Test Factory: the perspective in which tests are created, together with any supporting data or other artifacts.
- Test Lab: the perspective from which tests created in the Test Factory are executed. Note that tests carried out from Test Lab are limited in duration. To carry out extended tests it is necessary to use IBM Rational Test Virtualization Server (see below).
- Results Gallery: shows the results of tests or suites of tests executed in the test lab. The results can be presented in a wide range of reports.
Key features of Rational Integration Tester include:
- Virtualisation of middleware ensuring the agile development of applications
- Support for SWIFT 2014 Message Type standard
- A Java virtualisation proxy to enable the recording and virtualisation of Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI) calls
- ‘Scaled-out’ scenarios involving multiple stubs
- Testing, recording, and virtualisation of services that use SI Bus
- Event recording facilitating exporting and uploading from Rational Integration Tester to Rational Test Control Panel
Automation Consultants is an authorised reseller of IBM products. You can buy IBM CLM tools from us at a discount to the list price and benefit from our expert consultancy services.
+44(0)118 932 3001
Automation Consultants shares the same working values as us – they are part of our team, literally! They supply us with up-to-speed consultants who fit in seamlessly.
Theresa Pemble, solution delivery manager, Severn Trent
Using the technical expertise of Automation Consultants' people we have been able to identify and fix problems very early in the migration process thus saving valuable time.
HP Consulting and Integration
In an agile workflow changes to source code should be deployed and tested early and often – as soon as there is a working component you try it out straight away. After working with Automation Consultants all the developer had to do was click a button and wait 20 minutes to register the changes to the advertising platform.
Malcolm Reid, head of product development, Sky IQ
Automation Consultants has been involved in several different projects, from normal performance testing to testing the capability of new hardware systems, as well as creating several innovative bespoke tools that improved productivity, delivered high standard results and added value to the test process. During all of these projects, AC has been flexible and helpful, going out of their way to resolve any difficult technical issues.
Kenneth Lagerwall ,
IS Quality Services, T-Mobile UK
Automation Consultants' technical knowledge and understanding of the Rational toolset, combined with the excellent training they provide, has meant we can forge ahead with application development.
Andy King, head of test, ONS
Automation Consultants has been able to deploy highly skilled resources at very short notice and has always met very demanding delivery deadlines
HP Consulting and Integration
- About Us
- Blog / News