Jira Core Support
What is Jira Core?
Atlassian’s Jira Core is the core of Jira, the industry-leading project management software, and the choice of many of the world’s biggest brands.
Jira Core is similar to Jira Software, but does not include functionality primarily designed for software development projects, and is therefore less expensive. It includes the core functionality of Jira such as issues, workflows and custom fields, but omits functionality such as agile boards. Jira Core enables teams to collaborate on business activities including everything from HR, operations, finance, marketing, or any other department. Work is tracked as a set of issues; an issue can represent an interview candidate, an operational task, a legal case or a piece of marketing content.
Jira Core is highly effective for organisations that want to embrace business process management (also known as business process automation), streamlining project delivery and supporting agile working methods.
Key features of Jira Core
How does Jira Core keep teams on track?
There are three key features to know about:
- Templates and workflows: Jira Core provides a set of project templates out of the box. The templates match common types of projects, and save you having to configure workflows and screens from scratch. When you need a customised approach, Jira Core will allow you to configure workflows, custom fields, screens, issue types, email notifications and much more. An appropriate project workflow is key to efficient delivery, so you can tailor workflows to exactly how your team needs to work.
- Issue tracking: Monitoring progress is simple in Jira Core because an issue’s status, comments and relevant attachments are all kept in a single, easily accessible place. You never need to feel out of the loop – and the ability to set up custom notifications gives you extra assurance.
- Reports and dashboards: Custom dashboards can be set up to up to configure reports on key areas, including projects completed, issues still in progress, team capacity, and more.
Jira Core can be customised further using the thousands of ‘Apps’ (i.e. add-ons) that are available in the Atlassian Marketplace. Some of are free to use, while others come at a cost.
Jira Core or Jira Software
What’s the difference between Jira Core and Jira Software?
Jira Core is a pared down version of Jira Software, aimed at general business teams. Jira Software has all the functionality of Jira Core, as well as features primarily designed for agile software development teams.
There are two main hosting options for Jira Core:
- Self-hosted (Server), i.e. hosting on your own servers or in cloud infrastructure such as that provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Cloud, i.e. hosted by Atlassian in the Atlassian Cloud).
Server is best suited for teams that have the ability to set up and host Jira Core on their own hardware, and want to independently customise their set up. If you choose the self-hosted option, you will only need to make a one-time payment to obtain a perpetual licence. Support after the first year costs extra – an annual fee of 50% of the list price. The absolute cost of the licence depends on the size of your team.
Cloud is the preferred option for teams that want Atlassian to host their Jira Core instance in the Atlassian cloud on their behalf. Atlassian takes care of all maintenance, including automatic upgrades. You don’t need to have your own infrastructure or worry about such things as servers, networking, databases and security. With this option, your team can get started quickly and easily. A recurring monthly or annual fee is charged for this hosting option, and again, the amount depends on the number of users.
Atlassian allows teams to try the cloud edition of Jira Core free for 7 days, without the need to input any credit card details. A 30-day free trial is available for the Server hosting option.
Our Jira Core support services
Automation Consultants offers a Jira Core support service that can be tailored to fit your specific business needs. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Issue troubleshooting and incident remediation
- Proactive application performance monitoring (APM)
- Upgrade support
- Apps and integration support
- Managed hosting
- Comprehensive service level agreements (SLAs)
Our support packages are flexible – and can be adjusted as your needs change:
- Hourly support: only pay for the hours you have used (no commitments)
- Core support: proactive and reactive support throughout core business hours
- 24/7 support: complete, round-the-clock support to keep your Jira Core site running
Read more about our Atlassian support services.
Our training services
Automation Consultants provides specialised training for all of the products found in the Atlassian suite. There are instructor-led webinars and one-day courses available for Jira Core users, covering a wide range of possible use cases.
Learn more about our Jira training services.
Why work with Automation Consultants?
We are an Atlassian Enterprise Platinum Solution Partner, which means we are best placed to support organisations of all sizes with their Jira Core needs. We have worked with a range of enterprises, including Network Rail, Airbnb, Sky, and Vodafone.
So, whether you need consultancy, training, hosting, support, or all of the above, we can help. We pride ourselves on our deep product knowledge and expertise.
Get in touch with one of our experts today.
Automation Consultants is an Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner. You can buy Atlassian Products from us on corporate terms via purchase order and invoice and benefit from our expert Atlassian consultancy and integration services.
+44(0)118 932 3001
Portfolio for JIRA 2.0
Automation Consultants shares the same working values as us – they are part of our team, literally! They supply us with up-to-speed consultants who fit in seamlessly.
Theresa Pemble, solution delivery manager, Severn Trent
Using the technical expertise of Automation Consultants' people we have been able to identify and fix problems very early in the migration process thus saving valuable time.
HP Consulting and Integration
In an agile workflow changes to source code should be deployed and tested early and often – as soon as there is a working component you try it out straight away. After working with Automation Consultants all the developer had to do was click a button and wait 20 minutes to register the changes to the advertising platform.
Malcolm Reid, head of product development, Sky IQ
Automation Consultants has been involved in several different projects, from normal performance testing to testing the capability of new hardware systems, as well as creating several innovative bespoke tools that improved productivity, delivered high standard results and added value to the test process. During all of these projects, AC has been flexible and helpful, going out of their way to resolve any difficult technical issues.
Kenneth Lagerwall ,
IS Quality Services, T-Mobile UK
Automation Consultants' technical knowledge and understanding of the Rational toolset, combined with the excellent training they provide, has meant we can forge ahead with application development.
Andy King, head of test, ONS
Automation Consultants has been able to deploy highly skilled resources at very short notice and has always met very demanding delivery deadlines
HP Consulting and Integration
- About Us
- Blog / News
- About Us▼
- Blog / News