Agile software development is an iterative and collaborative process, where the focus is on delivery of working software in small, verifiable increments, in close collaboration with users. This methodology avoids the risks of long periods of development without testing or user consultation and thus helps agile practitioners to produce high quality software in a cost effective and timely manner.
Agile software development can bring the following benefits:
- Better alignment of business requirements to IT software delivery
- Better project delivery, on time, to budget with a higher level of quality
- Enables agile practitioners to shorten software time-to-market
- Early detection and immediate addressing of risks
- Minimisation of costly change and rework
- Optimisation of IT costs, while maintaining excellent customer satisfaction
We enable our customers to adopt and optimise their agile software development with the following service offerings:
Agile Kick Start
Knowing where you want to get to and getting there are two different things. While simple in concept, the move to agile is not without its challenges. The agile practitioners at Automation Consultants use the latest software life cycle tools, processes and technology to assist the move from your current methodology to an agile one. We are able to provide experienced agile practitioners to work with your business and your IT department to make a successful transition to this development methodology. This includes coaching and mentoring where applicable.
Having adopted agile software development, the process might not always return the benefits and advantages expected. Our agile practitioners help companies realise the benefits of agile with the following services:
- A review of your current agile practices, processes and ceremonies, identifying any shortcomings and recommending the most appropriate corrective action
- Consultancy to ensure complete understanding, involvement and responsibilities of the agile process
- A review of the IT department’s agile software development â€˜ceremonies’ to ensure they are being performed without impediment and in a consistent and efficient manner
- Delivery of an agreed plan of action to rectify any issues found with either the business or IT sector of your business
+44(0)118 932 3001
Automation Consultants shares the same working values as us – they are part of our team, literally! They supply us with up-to-speed consultants who fit in seamlessly.
Theresa Pemble, solution delivery manager, Severn Trent
Using the technical expertise of Automation Consultants' people we have been able to identify and fix problems very early in the migration process thus saving valuable time.
HP Consulting and Integration
In an agile workflow changes to source code should be deployed and tested early and often – as soon as there is a working component you try it out straight away. After working with Automation Consultants all the developer had to do was click a button and wait 20 minutes to register the changes to the advertising platform.
Malcolm Reid, head of product development, Sky IQ
Automation Consultants has been involved in several different projects, from normal performance testing to testing the capability of new hardware systems, as well as creating several innovative bespoke tools that improved productivity, delivered high standard results and added value to the test process. During all of these projects, AC has been flexible and helpful, going out of their way to resolve any difficult technical issues.
Kenneth Lagerwall ,
IS Quality Services, T-Mobile UK
Automation Consultants' technical knowledge and understanding of the Rational toolset, combined with the excellent training they provide, has meant we can forge ahead with application development.
Andy King, head of test, ONS
Automation Consultants has been able to deploy highly skilled resources at very short notice and has always met very demanding delivery deadlines
HP Consulting and Integration
Merlin House, Brunel Road
RG7 4AB, UK
Phone: +44(0)118 932 3001
Founded in 2000, Automation Consultants (AC) is an IT services and software company with a mission to improve the speed and reduce the cost of IT project deployment by implementing automation across the software life cycle. Committed to helping companies optimise their business performance and customer service, AC develops and deploys advanced software automation solutions. Customers include BSkyB, HSBC, Invensys, Orange, EverythingEverywhere and Vodafone.