One of the biggest advantages of implementing RPA is the immediate and significant reduction in expenditure it can deliver. Automated work is completed much faster and can be performed around the clock at a much lower rate. So, you get greater output for less, which results in a better bottom line.
In summary, the direct business benefits of RPA are:
- Improved quality and accuracy: RPA can achieve error-free execution all the time. Better quality means higher satisfaction rates.
- Accelerated digital transformation: RPA extends your automation footprint and provides insights that can change the way you do business.
- Optimised labour investment: RPA handles repetitive business processes, so it frees up your talent to focus on more important tasks and projects.
- Enhanced cycle time: Bots execute at the fastest possible pace, shaving down time to execute a task to just a few seconds.
- Improved employee morale: RPA is very user friendly, making an ideal application for the end user. It also relives the burden of manual, repetitive processes.
- Competitive advantage: Companies that employ RPA can enjoy greater productivity at lower costs to their competitors.
- Intelligent automation: RPA bots can be trained to make intelligent decisions. In particular, they can be used to classify and process thousands of documents in a fraction of the time taken by a human worker. For example, an RPA bot can scan a document and automatically recognise it as an invoice. The bot is then able to extract financial data from the invoice and send it the accounts software for payment. Once running, this end-to-end process can run day and night without manual intervention.
RPA typically gives businesses significant cost savings by improving efficiency, reducing errors and increasing compliance. By taking away the most routine and manual tasks from workers, it also contributes to greater employee engagement, as individuals now have time to dedicate to more fulfilling and strategically important tasks.
The successful implementation of RPA depends on processes being mapped out and defined in a greater level of detail than for most other applications. Involvement of your IT function from the very beginning and selecting the correct implementation partner are both critical for success. You will find the greatest success by working directly with a certified RPA services partner.