The customer is a worldwide theatre organisation which is rapidly becoming one of the ticketing front-runners in the e-commerce market. They have made large-scale improvements to their website in order to achieve this, implementing key design and functionality changes. Naturally, these changes require thorough testing before they are pushed to the live environment, incorporating both manual and automated analysis. Testing tools are also used to monitor and report on the testing progress and outcomes. Automation Consultants (AC) provided the resources necessary to fulfil this function throughout the project.
AC formed a testing process for the website transformation, moulding the way that product changes were tested. This process included:
- Applying fundamental testing principles in an Agile environment throughout the product’s lifecycle.
- Analysing user stories/requirements to create test cases to test new features.
- Optimising Jira processes and integrating these with Adaptavist’s test management tool Test Management for Jira.
- Carrying out sets of manual tests for each of the releases on a wide range of real desktops, devices and browsers to ensure the testing has as much coverage as possible.
- Developing Python scripts using Selenium to test different components of the website, such as the full end-to-end purchase flow, and running performance tests that measure load times across user journeys.
- Collaborating closely with the customer’s Product Engineers and the company stakeholders.
- Performing full post-release regression tests on the production website.
- Creating a range of functions and automation rules using Apps such as Abacus and Automation for Jira to streamline the Jira workflow processes.
Overall, this customer benefited from the testing processes and planning introduced by AC. This helped to ensure that the code created by the developers was working as it was designed, to deliver the best customer experience for the users. Testing coverage was significantly improved which boosted confidence in the product being delivered. Developing the automated Python scripts saved valuable time, as many tests that would have been performed manually before could be run automatically, allowing the testing team to focus on other important tasks. The value delivered by AC has enabled testing to become an integral part of the customer’s website transformation initiative, enabling the organisation to achieve their future targets and goals.